peppermill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rando81

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tmhawk

That is very cool and you did a GREAT job. Fantastic wood and very nice carving. I've wanted to do some Pepper Mills, the challenge seems to be that you need several Forstner bits to do them and my wife is convinced that I have many more tools than I need LOL.
That is beautiful Cherry.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tony,

You need ONE forstner bit (1&1/16) that can be purchased for under $10 from Penn State.

Send me an email and I'll send you a peppermill tutorial. They are fun to do and CAN be made without ANY fancy tools (the way I show is EASIER, but you CAN make all the jigs from pieces of scrapwood and push them right into your morse taper head. I did it that way BEFORE I bought all the scroll chucks, etc).

Hi Randy,
VERY nice peppermill... Love the Cherry Burl. I do about 10 mills a month for my website and to sell in shows and to a local gallery... I actually prefer the crush/grind style, even though the kit is a little more, because it allows for a more open and creative design.
(And because sometimes I am measurement challenged.... I'm usually either too long or too short - the peppermills that is.)

Tony,
Ed has a great tutorial... I've worked off it with some modification for my own designs, but it's a great start. I actually use 3 different sizes in the Forstners,
a 1 3/4, a 1 9/16, and a 15/16. You can use spade/paddle bits in the same sizes if you have them or can find them.

tmhawk

Ed, email sent. Thank you very much for your generous offer of a tutorial. My wife is a chef and this will be a great gift to her. Many of the mills I see are really works of art and I'm looking forward to making some.
Thanks guys!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tutorial and hints sent.

Send pics if you get in trouble, I will be happy to try to help. OR, I'll send them to Chuck, so a real expert can get involved!!

Originally posted by ed4copies

Tutorial and hints sent.

Send pics if you get in trouble, I will be happy to try to help. OR, I'll send them to Chuck, so a real expert can get involved!!

Ed,
You do know the true definition of "expert" :D[}:)]:D

X = an unknown quantity
spurt = A drip under pressure [:eek:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Which makes an "expert" a
"Has-been" who pees under pressure!!!

Yes, not only do I KNOW the definition, I've met many!

Top Bottom