Penturners Rendezvous

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

This year's Penturners Rendezvous is drawing near! This is the second year for this great event, and it is going to be a good one! I would personally like to invite everyone to attend, if they're able to.

Like last year, the Rendezvous will be held at the Holiday Inn in Provo Utah on June 9th. This is just one of many turning events happening this week! It all starts with a tour we are sponsoring at Legacy Woodworking, makers of the Legacy Mills. That will be the afternoon of June 8th. Wednesday, June 9th is the Craft Supplies Super Wednesday Sale! This goes all day, and there will be penturning demonstrations there all day as well. Don't miss this event! Then that evening we hold the Rendezvous at the Holiday.

Although this is enough, the best part starts the next day. The Utah Woodturning Symposium runs Thursday through Saturday, the 10th through the 12th. This is their 25th Anniversary, and it is going to be a fantastic symposium! All the big names in woodturning are going to be there. And this year there is an added event, a turned wood art exhibition at the art museum in Provo. I hear there are some great pens included there!

I hope a lot of you will be able to attend! I will be there for sure! We are going to have a fantastic time! We will have a lathe at the Rendezvous and will be doing penturning demonstrations all evening. Many of the authors of well-known penturning books will be there and will sign their books for you. We have a great line-up of door prizes, including a lathe! Bill Baumbeck will be there with his videos, as well as a mind-boggling array of beautiful pen blanks. There will also be other commercial vendors there, with everything you may need for that special pen!

We will also have the Penturners Display there. This is a display of some of the nicest pens around - Yours! There are two categories you can enter in, and the pens will be displayed all week at the Utah Symposium, with voting for everybodys favorite in each category. The pen display will also then be carried to the AAW Symposium in July. Get your lathes spinning and get your best efforts ready for this pen display!

We have a great site set up with details about this year's Penturners Rendezvous. There are even links there to pictures of last years Rendezvous! Check it out at:

http://www.turtlewoodworks.com/provo04/provo04.htm

If you have any questions, please post them here, and I'll answer as soon as I see it. Don't let this opportunity pass you by!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom