• 1:100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1:1000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvoots44

Jeff,it is an excellent site and I find the stars a help when I look at a particular post. It shows in a lot of ways a person who is tatally involved in the endeavor of turning pens.A lot of posts show that you take an interest in the problems,joys,etc that others are having.There are a few turners who I really admire for the amount of time they take to help others, Time on the computer is time that they could spend on the lathe. Jeff, keep up the good work, and for the turners who have as many stars as a country sky,keep up the good work also.You are very important to people like myself who are just starting out turning pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lkorn

Jeff,
When I first saw this post I had my opinions as to the originator, but double checked and saw the "N/A". Others, and yourself confirmed my suspicions. Now, I really don't care one wayor the other about , stars, or post count, but most members seem to enjoy them. So be it.

Most other forums require that the poster identify himself. Anonymous posts are not permitted. Screen names can be a source of anonymity but at least that much should be required. IMHO, of course. You are the site owner and are doing a commendable job.

Thank you again for providing this terrific forum.

wayneis

Now that is a great idea, I think that everyone should have to register with and use their real name. I believe that we may just cut down on some of the flames and ranting if we did. Now thats a poll that I would like to see.

Wayne

Originally posted by lkorn
<br />Jeff,
Most other forums require that the poster identify himself. Anonymous posts are not permitted. Screen names can be a source of anonymity but at least that much should be required. IMHO, of course. You are the site owner and are doing a commendable job.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by lkorn
<br />Jeff,
When I first saw this post I had my opinions as to the originator, but double checked and saw the "N/A". Others, and yourself confirmed my suspicions. Now, I really don't care one wayor the other about , stars, or post count, but most members seem to enjoy them. So be it.

N/A is me if there is approxomatly 1100+ posts , the old screen name was Eaglesc.For reasons I choose to keep to myself I asked my screen name be changed.

rtparso

I find the stars a help when I look at a particular post. It shows in a lot of ways a person who is totally involved in the endeavor of turning pens. A lot of posts show that you take an interest in the problems, joys, etc that others are having.
Or they ar just ratchet jaws? [:D] Jeff some folk are not happy unless they make someone else unhappy. At work I now get to deal with them [;)] and sometimes I win. One guy was being an a** and found himself sweeping the floor for a couple days. I always desire to help them but I will enjoy giving out the disciple if it is called for.

bigvoots44

ron,even if they are ratchet jaws it still takes time to reply.I know of at least 1 or 2 in tenturners who dont turn too many pens but have a wealth of technical knowledge. Their responses can be as valuable as someone who has turned thousands of pens

woodscavenger

Eagle, I have watched your name change more than the chick from Alias. I love your posts and am grateful for your opinions and advise.....BTW how did you get a parker in that antler/nickel cartridge pen?

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Eagle, I have watched your name change more than the chick from Alias. I love your posts and am grateful for your opinions and advise.....BTW how did you get a parker in that antler/nickel cartridge pen?
Thanks I think I never saw the show you mention
for the answer to your question I posted it on the other thread

[urlhttp://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4657][/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom