Pens for VA Patients

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

At the meeting on Saturday, Terry brought up the idea of making pens for patients at the VA in North Little Rock. We didn't decide on anything, but I think we should do this as a group like we did a few years ago for The Air Force base in Jacksonville.

I see no reason why we can't have this done by either our next meeting, or the one after that. I think everybody should plan on bringing at a least few slimlines (or whatever they want make) to the next couple of meetings. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. And if you can't make it to a meeting, then meet up with someone & have them take them to the meeting, or maybe mail them to Teddy. (Hey Teddy, it was your idea:wink:).

Last time we gave about 50 pens. With our current active members we should do better than that.

Here's the post from the last time: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f153/donated-pens-troops-97287/

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

Good Morning Bob, Sure am not happy that I couldn't make the meeting Saturday, hope it went off with out a hitch. Brenda and I are planning on the next one.

Even though we are not members, Brenda and I will try and make some up.

BSea

You're a member of IAP, and live in Central Arkansas, so you qualify for being members. :)

In fact the "Central" part isn't even mandatory. Come to think of it, even living in Arkansas isn't mandatory.:rolleyes: Freddie Pike lived in Missouri for the first few years we met. He lives in Conway now though. We'll welcome members from anywhere.

SDB777

Guess it looks like I'll actually be turning some pens!

Hmmm, what should I make them out of?
Wonder where I could find a few pen blanks?

Teddy, you want Slims or ??

Scott (and aloners gotta be alone) B

BSea

Guess it looks like I'll actually be turning some pens!

Hmmm, what should I make them out of?
Wonder where I could find a few pen blanks?

Scott (and aloners gotta be alone) B

I hear there's some gal in Cabot who makes some killer PR blanks. Maybe she'd make you a deal.:biggrin:

BJohn

Ok inside joke, By chance have you ever met this Ms Byrd. I think her first name is Darlene?

Brenda ran into her selling pens at the Memphis Flea Market over a year ago.

TDE

Hey Guys, It really doesn't matter what kind of pens we donate to them. The ones the kids turned were slims and a few trimlines. I'm sure they will be appreciated whatever type they are. Thanks for bringing this up. I thought it would be a good cause and was hoping everyone else would too. Ive got to get to turning. Thanks Bob. Ted:)

Top Bottom