PenPal Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Madman1978

I have a PenPal lathe. I am trying to figure out what else, other than Pens I can turn on this.

Does anyone know?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

My goodness, anything that fits between headstock and tailstock and whatever the clearance to bed is. Your mind is your road map. Key chains, bookmarks, pill holders, birdhouse ornaments, ornaments of all kinds, wands, spindles and the list goes on. Look in PSI catalog and see some gadgets they have for other kits.

Yep, key chains, coffee scoop handles, Christmas ornaments, seam rippers, cork extractor handles and lots more. If the instructions call for anything less than an inch square you should be able to turn it on your PenPal. I've been using mine for going on 4 years now and there are very few things I have to use my big lathe for. About the only thing I don't turn on mine is the ice cream scoops, just a bit heavy for this machine.

Without knowing the clearance can't say if the pepper mill will work, but I start my mills with a 3x3 blank... usually 12" long... you can use a smaller blank, but a 2x2 will probably round out at about 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 which makes a pretty slim pepper mill.... but as John said, give it a go, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Top Bottom