Cheer Penn State Industries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdempseyjr

I've seen both cheers and jeers for PSI, but I have to add one to the cheer column. I recently stepped out of the 7mm pen realm and tried my hand at PSI's Executive line (3/8" barrels and parker refills). I purchased a starter kit that included an assortment of different finishes. I turned and assembled one of the pens in satin chrome; however, the nib had plating damage on one side.

I contacted customer service via e-mail twice, with no response (from what I've seen on the forums previously, this shouldn't be surprising); however, on Friday (December 14th) I received a tracking notification from them. This afternoon (December 17th), there was a replacement nib waiting for me in the mail. The description on the attached order form said "replacement per Lorna". If you're having problems with customer service, I would highly recommend asking for her.

I've seen some of the reviews here and realize that this hasn't always been the case with PSI's customer service (I'm fairly new to penmaking and am still feeling my way around with suppliers). I just wanted to share my experience here and give them a little kudos for making things right.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bdempseyjr

UPDATE: 12/20/12

I agree Ligget, and it's almost like PSI's customer service reads the forums. I received an e-mail from Lorna this morning that a replacement nib was on its way. Granted, this was a few days late; however, given some members' past experiences, I was surprised to get any response at all.

Please understand that I'm a new turner and don't have enough experience with any supplier to make an educated recommendation (or warning, as the case may be). I just wanted to share my experience here and let others decide for themselves.

JohnGreco

My understanding is their rep's have been on the phone with customers open till close. Lorna has been very helpful for me in the past, too. Glad this worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom