Pen Works Grand opening

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

You know the saying...what happens in Phoenix, stays in Phoenix. (or at least that's apparently what happened!)

PenWorks

Sorry Tom, you did not win the pen, Jackie Dean won it. She is a real cutie! [:)] The opening went well, I just got burned out over the last couple of days. It was a steady stream of people from 9-5, never a rush of folks, just steady all day. Not many either, about 50 people showed up. 1 IAP member, Dennis from Mesa. The Stipula/Visconti rep helped out all day, we did manage to gang up on a lady and sold here a $600 Davinci FP [:p] I was always taking to someone all day and never took any pics, I thought my kids would do that. They didn't. I was a little disappointed as my writing desk and some other cabinets, never made it. The store still needs a lot of work, stuff on the walls, trim the slat wall and get some art up. But here are acouple of pics. Total sales for the day, around $1,600.00, but the best part was, we sold mostly fountain pens to first time users. So once they get the bug, they always come back.

200611653654_loby.jpg
<br />
The loby is share by PenWorks & the insurance office

200611653743_burt_gary.jpg
<br />
Bowls from my friend Burt Heikens and Gary Max's stuff on the top shelf

200611654038_mybowls.jpg
<br />
The small bowls are mine and Bert did the bigger ones

200611654116_store_backwall.jpg
<br />
Back wall with refills & pens

200611654159_store_mypens.jpg
<br />
mostly my stuff in this cabinet

200611654410_store_showcase.jpg
<br />

200611654429_store_retro.jpg
<br />
Other companies pens, they can take a peak into the shop, thru the smal windows.

The shop is not as big as I would have liked, but who's shop is ever big enough[:)] It is 14x33 , but the cieling is 18' tall, I have a roll up door, a second floor 14x30 for storage and a roll away ladder to manuver around the shop.

200611654838_ship_leftside.jpg
<br />
This is the east wall, couple of work desks, pen kits, blank storage, sharpening center, sink.

200611655223_shop_rightside.jpg
<br />
The west side

200611655311_doorview.jpg
<br />
good view out the door, can leave it open, most of the time I am turning.

Well that's about it for this weekend. [:)] I have a demo coming this Friday night at the traveling Woodworking show and then a two day demo & sale at the Scottsdale Artfest 2006 the following weekend. It should be non stop till the end of the year. [:0]

airrat

Wow Anthony I didnt even know you were doing this. Kelly and I will try to come see the new place when it slows down. Looks great!

emackrell

Wow, great looking store! As for the shop not being big enough, we condo-dwellers who make do with walk-in closets to house a lathe can only dream about having that much space.[:)]

One question: the photo of a cabinet over a desk, full of pens, has what looks like some kind of chart on the wall next to it. Is it a guide to types of pens, or types of woods, or something else altogether?

cheers Eileen [8D]

PenWorks

Eileen, I have charts and displays for all the stuff you mentiioned, but that one is a chart for the Visconti Van Gogh pen, they make the same pen in 4 different resins and 3 sizes, maxi, midi, & mini, in fountain, roller and ball point, you nead a damn chart to keep it straight [:D]

Originally posted by emackrell
<br />
One question: the photo of a cabinet over a desk, full of pens, has what looks like some kind of chart on the wall next to it. Is it a guide to types of pens, or types of woods, or something else altogether?

cheers Eileen [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom