Pen Turning Noob from Chicagoland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dogbreath

Hello! I'm joining the community to investigate what it takes to start turning pens. I tend to over analyze everything before jumping in and this is no exception. Looks like a great resource with great people. So far, so good. ;)
Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timber Ripper

Welcome Jim
For starters, check this out

FGarbrecht

Welcome Dogbreath. What kind of dog do you have? Here's mine (he's a little spoiled). Any questions, just ask.
fullsizeoutput_1514.jpeg

WriteON

Welcome aboard. Getting started is easy. Cut back on smoking and drinking. I watched a few Utube videos and that gave me a step by step introduction. The learning curve takes care of itself. Doing is learning. The members here will walk you through everything. You'll become a pro quickly. Safety first. Do not compromise it.

FGarbrecht

Welcome aboard. Getting started is easy. Cut back on smoking and drinking. I watched a few Utube videos and that gave me a step by step introduction. The learning curve takes care of itself. Doing is learning. The members here will walk you through everything. You'll become a pro quickly. Safety first. Do not compromise it.
I agree with Frank 200% about safety. I've been woodworking for a long time but it wasn't until I got a lathe that I was exposed to large metal objects flying around the shop unexpectedly. Watch some woodshop / lathe safety videos too! Get a facemask.

Alan Morrison

Welcome to the forum Jim, and to a fascinating hobby.
You will learn plenty from other members and the library
Ask plenty questions

Chris Labedz

Welcome from Channahon if interested there is a Chicago chapter of the IAP that meets every other month on the third Saturday at the Rockler store in Boilingbrook at 10:00am. Great group with tons of knowledge come on out and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom