Pen Tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrplace

Where can I get the larger round clear tubes that will take a pen like a cigar or baron? I have some of the PSI square tubes, but they are a little small.

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

They only list about 5% of what they actually have. Lots of people have been telling them that their sales would increase dramatically if they had more on their website.

alamocdc

And I keep telling everyone here... If you want something call them, they probably have it. It only takes a phone call. Of course, you could do what some of us have done and go see them, but you'd better take your checkbook if you do. I can only afford to go visit them about once a year and that is coming up. DOH!

mrplace

The whole point of a website is that not everyone wants to phone order or go to the store. I dont like the upselling, and rehashing you get that is typical of phone sales.

If one web site doesnt have it, I move on to the next site. See how you can loose sales pretty quick.

The internet has moved us past the Sears & Roebuck catalog and call in your order transaction. People want fast, easy and simple (well, and cheap).

I do everything by the internet. I dont even own checks, and I dont make one payment through the mail or in person. 100% all internet!

Just my 2-cents worth[8D].

fritzmccorkle

different people shop in different ways just as different sellers sell in different ways. we're not here to tell you how to shop so don't start telling us how to sell. we work with our customers to get them what works for them and we work to ship it to them by the fastest and cheapest means possible. tubes are an excellent example of a product that doesn't work well on a website unless you do some severe overcharge on shipping. they don't weigh much but have a lot of bulk. depending on how many, where it's shipping to, etc etc will completely change how we ship. AlamoDC lives in the next state so his would ship UPS if he had very many, but for another customer that might not be the best way. good luck in your internet search. i'll be here at 888-736-5487 if you want to change your mind.

cozee

I recently dealt with Woodturningz for the first time and will definitely deal with them again for most of my wants and needs. Communications were email only but everything went well and because of their services, prices, and expedient shipping will take the time to call them when needed. I guess if there is one problem with a web site that isn't as elaborate as others would be that newbies like me wouldn't even know what to ask for when we called!!![:D] So I take it you have a store or at least someplace where one can stare and drool???? Northern Indy area??!!!!!!

The internet has moved us past the Sears & Roebuck catalog and call in your order transaction. People want fast, easy and simple (well, and cheap).

Perhaps in your area but there are still large areas in this country where the availability and use of the internet is very limited. In fact, although I live only 15 miles from the University of Illinois and it's super computer and technology and business that goes with it, only dial-up is available for internet access. That is unless one chooses to shell out up front some serious money for satellite equipment and then pay a hefty monthly bill. We don't even have cable TV in our little cornfield town!!!

mrplace

Originally posted by fritzmccorkle
<br /> we're not here to tell you how to shop so don't start telling us how to sell.

A business person who doesn't listen to their client base, if they don't go under, loses alot of money. Its not telling you what or how to do it, it is the consumer communicating what they want.

For every consumer who voices an opinion, there are 15 who are thinking the same thing but don't say it.

So if my light hearted opinion warranted your snip, then as a consumer I will move on to the next vendor with my money and you won't have to worry with how your going to ship pen tubes to me.

rpasto92

Originally posted by cozee
<br />I guess if there is one problem with a web site that isn't as elaborate as others would be that newbies like me wouldn't even know what to ask for when we called!!![:D] So I take it you have a store or at least someplace where one can stare and drool???? Northern Indy area??!!!!!!
Here is a tip for those new people who want to know what they have at woodturningz.com. Go to PSI's website. I think that everything you see there, woodturningz.com has and will sell to you at a better price. They can also get anything that HUT carries and sell at a reduced price too. (Fritz/Ryan, correct me if I'm wrong)

Do I wish I could go to one site and order everything I want...sure but at the same time, they would probably have to hire another person to run their website and that costs money and there goes our savings. It's also refreshing to actually talk to someone, in this internet era, that you know and trust. I have never felt pressured by Fritz to buy something I didn't need and there have been time when he saved me money by reminding me I might need bushings, or special tools that otherwise I would have had to place a second order and pay shipping again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom