Pen & Penturners Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

Hi All!! Sorry I've been silent, but this Flu has kicked my A$$!!! I don't recall being this beaten down in a LONG time...

Here is what I have come up with for the contest. There will only be prizes for correct attempts, as the last couple years have had people just guess completely wrong to get the losers prize. It doesn't take any skill to do that...

Here is the instructions:

The Pen and Penturner Contest

1st Prize - $100 Gift Certificate from Berea Hardwoods
2nd Prizes $40 Gift Certificate from SharpeningSupplies.com

This is a matching game between certain pens and their makers. I have chosen pictures of fifteen pens that have appeared in the "Show Off Your Pens" forum over the past year.

The pictures will be marked with letters of the alphabet A through O. I will also list the screen-name of the penturners who turned those pens, not in the proper order of course, and they will be marked with numbers, "1" through "15".

To enter the contest you will need to send an E-Mail to penpenturners@penturners.org

Please put "Pen and Penturner" and your IAP Screen Name in the subject line (I will filter out all E-Mails that do not have that designation). In the body of the E-Mail, list who the entry is from (your screen-name and real name), and your guess at matching the pens to the penturners. It may look as simple as this: A-1, B-2, C-3, etc.

This contest requires speed, accuracy, a good memory, and some luck. The top prize will go to the fifth person who enters the correct match of pens to penturners, (It is the 5th anniversary of IAP right??) which will be determined by the time-stamp on the E-Mail on my end. The additional secondary prizes will be randomly awarded to those who enter the correct matches. Names will go onto a dartboard and I will throw darts blindfolded to see who wins… Anyone wanna catch?? The contest will begin at 8:00 am Tuesday February 2, 2009 Central Time. I will stop accepting entries at 7:59 am Wednesday February 3, 2009 Central Time.

I will announce the winner no later than 12:00 noon Saturday February 7, 2009 Central Time.

***THESE STEP MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY AS THEY ARE DESCRIBED***
Step One: Enter the contest by sending an E-Mail to: penpenturners@penturners.org

Step Two: Enter "Pen and Penturner" and your IAP screen name in the Subject line of your E-Mail (Example- Pen and Penturner Byounghusband)

Step Three: Enter your Screen name and REAL name at the top of the E-Mail

Step Four: Enter your best guess at matching the Pens to the Penturners. Formatted A-1, B-2, C-3, etc.

Please, only one entry per person.

Tell me what you think!! ;)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

Just like last year, I'm going to change it a bit...

To mix things up just a bit and maybe help dial-up and Int'l users, I will actually take the 5th person who submits the correct answers. It is IAP's 5th Birthday, right??

Top Bottom