Pen/pencil sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am experimenting with different sets.
I have tried the WC American Classic,Slimline,Euro-style
The PSI Slimlines from Ryan and trying the American classic style from them also because they are a 7mm lead.
I ran across the kits from Berea Hardwood and see that they are also available from AZ Silhouette.
DOes anyone use the "convertible kits?
The pencil kits from WC are expensive compared to the pen kits.
I don't do a lot of sets but I think for the up coming gift season they would do well.Is there a down side to the kits.$2.00 to change from a pen to a pencil seems to good to be true.No need for a different kit.My only complaint is the pencil is a .05 rather than the .07.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I have made the Perfect Fit Convertable from Berea and love it... it is a nice size pen and feels great in the hand.. I have the pencil mechanism and it works great....
I just ordered a few more for the holiday craft season... you can see the pen I made in the Show Your Pens area under the Jindora Burl thread
My wife absolutely loved it and she is my worst critic.. she believes it will be a good seller.. of course with something like the burl I used on it.. the price would be very high.. but for normal woods it should sell for a decent price.

wayneis

Like Tom said, the PFC works great. It is a schmidt and if you get it from Arizona Silhouette you have your choise of 5 or 7 mm lead and Bill has a sale going on now. He is selling them at the thirty kit price for quite a nice savings. I just ordered ten kits. I like this pencil kit much better than the click style as you can turn the lead out to use and then turn it back in after you are done writing. It operates like a twist pen.
Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom