Pen/Pencil set with box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

Haven't turned in a while. Decided to try out a Pen & Pencil set that I bought in bulk a while back. Pretty sure it was a Berea Woods kit. Never did them before. After I got done, decided to make a cheap box out of a scrap piece of pine board I had. Did a little laser engraving on top of the box. After I engraved it with my US Army logo, I then wished the sets would have been green. Lol Anyway, here they are.

Attachments

• Pen Pencil together.jpg
    Pen Pencil together.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 247
  • Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 257
  • Box with pens.jpg
    Box with pens.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice work !!

For the box, I assume you routered the grooves that the pen/pencil sit it. . What router bit did you use ? . Size ? . Thanks.

bsshog40

Very nice work !!

For the box, I assume you routered the grooves that the pen/pencil sit it. . What router bit did you use ? . Size ? . Thanks.
This is the only picture I could find of the bit I used. I only have one size in my cheap box of bits. Lol It didn't get quit deep enough so I took my dremel with a sander wheel and finished the groove off.

Attachments

• Core-Box-Router-Bit.jpg
    Core-Box-Router-Bit.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 162

bsshog40

Thanks y'all. I would have added what wood was used on the pens but they were in a stack of unmarked blanks. I was thinking cocobolo but it just didn't smell like it.

bsshog40

Nice work Bobby. I like the rustic look of the box too. Glad to hear, and see, your back to turning. I've missed your posts with your work.
Thanks Tom! I enjoyed making them. Still not doing much. With the oilfield still being pretty slow, gotta limit the coins going out. Lol

Top Bottom