Pen/Pencil gift set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darrin1200

darrin1200

I haven't posted anything for a while, so I figured its about time.

Just finished this up for a client. A gift for his colleague leaving the Habitat build team.
A 2mm Mechanical pencil and a Vertex pen in Antique Brass. They are done up with Thuya Burl.
The box is made of cocobolo with custom foam inserts. The engraving was done on my CNC router

F20EE65B-3D25-45FA-A81E-97EEE3ADEACE.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L work, Darrin !!!

Exquisite workmanship !!!

I especially love the engraved box !!!

All VERY classy !!!

darrin1200

Thanks guys. The box is a little extra robust, as I figure if he doesn't keep the pens in it, it will still make a great keepsake box.

@carlmorrell I looked at the vertex pencil, but went with the mechanical pencil for two reasons.
1. Apparently the guy does a lot of sudoku with pencil, and I liked the traditional pencil look.
2. I wanted something to readily distinguish the pencil from the pen. The mechanical pencil looks very different, but still ties to the vertex. The tube diameter and finished diameter, are exactly the same as the vertex. And the faceted nib cone matches well.

darrin1200

Nice set! Wear did you get the foam?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Thanks
I bought it from a place that materials for Cosplay costumes, called Arda Wigs
I ordered both the Form-lite and the Hard-lite EVA sheets, to see how they compared. The Hard-lite was to dense. It was almost as hard as a soft wood. The Form-Lite is a little softer to allow the pen a squeeze fit. I cut the out on my CNC router, but

Lmstretch

Thanks, I have found some cases that would be great for pens and pen sets, but I have not found good foam to go with it. This may be just what I am looking for.

I wish I had a CNC router, that would make it look a 100% better than trying to cut it out by hand. Maybe in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom