Pen Mandrel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevefromnfld

Hi guys,I'm buying a delta midi lathe,and the pen turning mandrel I have now is a #1 morse taper,and the new lathe will have a #2 morse taper.I am wondering if I will need to buy another mandrel,or is there a way to make the one I have now work?
Oh,,by the way,I'm new to pen turning,,,any turning I'm pretty new too,so I joined this forum a week ago,so,also,,HI!!!
Thanks guys,,,I'll have to introduce myself properly on the new members place after supper ...Thanks,,,Steve from Nfld...

its_virgil

Steve,
Welcome to the IAP. We have lots of talent here and we like to share. There is an adapter for #2 to #1 MT, but runout is often a problem when this is done. I would highly suggest you purchase a new mandrel with the MT2 arbor. You will much happier with the finished pens.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by stevefromnfld
<br />Hi guys,I'm buying a delta midi lathe,and the pen turning mandrel I have now is a #1 morse taper,and the new lathe will have a #2 morse taper.I am wondering if I will need to buy another mandrel,or is there a way to make the one I have now work?
Oh,,by the way,I'm new to pen turning,,,any turning I'm pretty new too,so I joined this forum a week ago,so,also,,HI!!!
Thanks guys,,,I'll have to introduce myself properly on the new members place after supper ...Thanks,,,Steve from Nfld...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom