Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

emtjra

I've buying kits from Woodcrafts such as the Cigar pen and Slimlines. Cigar pens are about 5.99 Each and about 4.99 for the 7mm. I recently found some web sites that hace the same thing for cigar pens 2.87 and 7mm for 1.70!!
Has anybody used theses cheaper kits?? How do they compare in qulitiy to the expensive ones??
I needs more kits but don't want to waste my money on substandard kits.

Thanks
Jim Adams
J&J Woodcrafts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fhinde

Jim, if the prices are from WoodTurningz they are mainly pen state stuff. I think Bill B at Arizonasilhouette also has some priced at close to what you quoted and his are CSU and Berea kits

Fred

daledut

Ryan at woodturninz supplies Berea Cigar kits and PSI Slimlines. He also discounts anything from either of those suppliers as well as HUT.

I have orders many pen kits from Ryan and am quite satisfied. I have also ordered from Bill and have been pleased.

I typically go to Ryan for my "normal" supplies and Bill when I want "high end" stuff.

For what it is worth,

Dale

Scott

Hi Jim,

As you've heard, the cigar kits that Ryan sells are Berea, which are about the best around. Woodcraft gets most of their pen kits from Berea, so it's probably the same kit you're used to. That chrome plated cigar kit is about the best one I've used. The plating is very durable.

The titanium slimline kit from PSI that Ryan sells is one of the nicest inexpensive kits. It's what I usually use. If you order from Ryan, tell him one of us referred you, and he'll give you a discount off your first order! BTW, Pens of Color, who posts here, also sell these same PSI kits, and they also have great prices!

Scott.

Daniel

I have both gold cigar pens and the Chrome. Both where bought from Woodturningz. I always thought the gold ones came from P.S.I. as they are the same as ones I bought from P.S.I. directly. the chrome had to have come from CSUSA. compairing them they are exactly the same looks wise othe rthan their plating. the action on the twist mechanism is a little stifer on the crome one than it is on any of the gold ones. but i only have one chrome to compaire to three gold. it may just be that particular mechanism. But I would say they are the same kit.

PensofColor

Thank you for that, Jim...we are looking forward to shipping your order. We will send you some of our fantastic Cocobolo too! You will love it.

Thanks for the plugs, folks!

Sheila

Scott

Speaking of Cocobolo, I am a big fan of Sheila's Cocobolo! I'm going to use some of it for Freedom Pens, but the rest of it I'm going to hoard! ;-)

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom