Pen kit storage....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligget

Hi everyone, as I am sitting on approx 500 pen kits, storage is a headache![xx(]
I have got most of them into numbered plastic boxes and shoe boxes, a list tells me what type of kit and plating option is stored within each numbered box.
How do you store your kits?
I just can`t resist a bargain, so the kits keep on coming. (lol) [:p]:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

I use stackable plastic drawers. In it, I keep big ziplock bags labelled with each kit and finish. Just throw the kits in the bag [;)].

alamocdc

Originally posted by Dario
<br />I use stackable plastic drawers. In it, I keep big ziplock bags labelled with each kit and finish. Just throw the kits in the bag [;)].
Me too. I use these and I get them from WallyWorld.
2006412183757_spacesavers.jpg
<br />
You can also order them from:
http://www.spacesavers.com/3drawor.html

JimGo

I do the same basic thing as Billy and Dario (I acutally own a few of the drawers Billy showed), but I'm not QUITE as organized as Dario. I use these same drawers for my blanks.

alamocdc

My problem is that I have 4 of those that I pictured and twice as many kit styles so I've had to use other things form them. My slimlines are all in the clear plastic tackle box inserts (the big ones). They just don't hold enough to be good for other pens. I also like to keep all of my kits in the original bags so I don't lose any of the pieces and this isn't really possible with the tackle box inserts.

Rudy Vey

I store my kits is Plano fishing tackle boxes (Model 3700). They have adjustable spaces and one can set the dividers to any size cubby hole needed. As soon as my kits arrive I take them out of the baggies and they go into their respective box. I hate this, though, but I spend an hour or so at a time to get this done, so I have not to open the baggies when I want to assemble a pen.

tipusnr

I used to keep them in fishing tackle boxes since I didn't do many styles of pens and liked to mix and match the parts a lot. Now I keep them in plastic bags hanging from pegboard that covers a good portion of the end of my shop. Not only does it help me stay organized but it visually reminds me to get off the internet and make pens!

airrat

I work for an eye doctor and we get storage cases for contact lenses. One brand of lenses has a wall mounted case that is perfect for alot of the kits. I have 3 of those mounted on my wall. The rest I keep in a tote.

Ryan

I use a peg board wall and hooks. It takes up little space and it is up off the floor or work bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom