Pen In the Hat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The Yahoo PenTurners Forum decided to have a Pen in the Hat drawing.. you put your name in the hat and someone would send you a pen and you would send a pen to someone else, not necessarily the person sending you one..
Here is what I made to send to the person whose name I got...
Image Insert:
20046115523_Jatoba%20Pen.jpg

75.25KB
It is a modified slimline made from Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba), finish is BLO sanded in with 400 grit and then CA sanded to 12000 and EEE and Shellwax and carnuba wax for the ending.. If I say so myself it has a real nice sheen and smooth finish.. Hardware is TN Gold .. I have only been turning 3 months and this is only my 10th pen...

I am really getting into this pen turning stuff.. to the point that my scrolling is suffering.... I really have to get the piece I am working on done this week so I can deliver it to my publisher for an upcoming article...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, is that a PSI kit? I'm trying to get all the slimline styles straight in my mind. Great looking pen, too!

Daniel

Jeff,
I havn't drooled over the catalogues for a while. but I'm going to make this one of those "what wood is this" quizes. I think it is a CSUSA kit. the clip isn't right for the P.S.I.

Daniel

allright, I had to go and get Ugly on Ya.
I pulled out the catalogue.... and you are absolutely right. it is the
TN slimline from P.S.I.
But then your description does mention that it is TN now dudn't it.
I don't have much experience with the TN kits (so I'm cheap). But only to save face. the clip does look very much like the clip on the Americana pen and pencil as well as a few others from CSUSA. but I couldn't find anything belonging to there slimlines with that clip.
I wasn't that good at the wood quizes either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom