Wanted Pen Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

This beautiful pen photo (Pen World Magazine Cover) appeared in a thread on IAP. It is a pen made by Delta Pen Company.

I am looking for pen blanks that will yield a similar appearance. Does anyone know of a source?
Pen World Mag.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
This one from PSI looks similar, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same.

jttheclockman

This one from PSI looks similar, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same.

Read reviews if you buy this.

SteveG

Thanks for the responses. But...

The unique effect of imbedded gold leaf (real or faux) is what I am looking for. I expect I would need to custom order something like this. If someone can do this I would anticipate a ready market in the blank sales market, as it yields a stunning pen.

Aurelius

That is not gold leaf but a gold colored celluloid (mixed with a black/brown celluloid) that has a lot of depth to it.
There are two things that are going to make it hard to find something similar. First, acrylics just don't get the same depth and chatoyance. Second, getting the colors to be distinct like that is non-trivial given the way most acrylic blanks are made. Neither one is impossible, but they would both take a good bit of work to pull off.
Good luck with the hunt and please keep up updated if you find anything.

mrburls

Hi Steve, Their was an old cellulite acetate tube that was similar to that material but I only saw it in a smaller diameter. Had a dark brown to black background with brownish gold chunks through out blanks. I have to see if I have a piece laying around.
Keith

mrburls

Hi Steve, Their was an old cellulite acetate tube that was similar to that material but I only saw it in a smaller diameter. Had a dark brown to black background with brownish gold chunks through out blanks. I have to see if I have a piece laying around.
Keith
I looked and do not have any of that material left.
Keith

Top Bottom