Pelican M1000 nib?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aces-High

Hi All,

I have a customer that wants me to make a pen for him using a Pelican m1000 nib he has, I think it is in a hosing, but I need to make sure. Does anyone know the thread/pitch for that housing, or know if that nib fits in a JoWo or Bock housing.

Many Thanks,

Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Michal

M1000 nib will not fit any of Jowo/Bock housings, but it is possible to use FNF (Flexible Nib Factory) housing with Bock thread (#8/380) made for M1000 nib and feed. But it will not work with converter, only other filling methods (eyedropper being easiest).
Michael

Pierre---

@Michal, where did you see FNF housings for M1000? I am only aware of their housing for M400/600 and 800, but I can't see any for M1000: ???

watch_art

Pelikan nib units, all of them, are 36 tpi by whatever the thread diameter is plus a thou or two. Easiest to cut the threads with a point tool on a metal lathe. You might get a good fit with a .75 metric something, but I never had good luck with any taps when I was trying to figure this out.

Ugh. That was me in that thread on FPN. Yeah the 36 tpi cut on a metal lathe works better than the tap I used back when.

Top Bottom