'Peacock art' style resin pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CjG78

CjG78

G'day!
I recently purchased some of these blanks from an up and coming Australian caster, David Turner (very fitting surname!).
David does lovely swirly patterns and great colours. These blanks have been extremely popular with the ladies. I painted the inside of the tubes black to keep the colour scheme dark, which I think worked. Next batch I'll try painting the insides white.
David used Trojan resin, which turns great and finishes amazingly. After finishing with the skew I switch to wet sanding from 600 to 2000 grit, then wet micromesh pads up to 10,000 grit, then I apply autosol acrylic polish paste with a dry rag, buff with a soft cloth and the shine is amazing!
Thanks for looking, there is a few atrax pens, a virage ballpoint and an ultra cigar. 20201002_161932.jpg20201005_183530.jpg20201005_183329.jpg20201008_124212.jpg20201008_125258.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

You know me Casey with my personal main preference for beautiful timber but I share your passion for real quality wherever it is. I agree these are 100% Chick magnets,all woman I have shown pens like yours almost coo like pouting pidgeons and caress the pens for ages. For me it started with Corian it was almost like magic the transformative attitude and opinion except in the dead of winter when the coldness of a pen is pronounced.

Yes I just received my Pau Shell blanks yesterday from the said Geoff Burrows in West Australia,they are rugged chips with flashing colours.

I admire the absolute finish you painstakingly achieve mate,may you prosper.

Peter.

egnald

Very Pretty. I'm like Peter though, I prefer beautiful wood, and you seem to have an abundance of it in Australia. I have a bunch of plastic blanks too though and as far as blanks go those are spectacular. - Dave

Thankyou everyone for your kind words. I just love turning pens!

Turning pens is very addictive to say the least. Sorry, I'm color blind as a bat and you've put these pens together so I can't see any difference in the colors but based on what I'm reading here they must be spectacular and very beautiful pens. As other's have mentioned, I'm a wood kinda guy but who knows, that could change over time. Nice job!

magpens

I was going to ask the same question as Elwin just asked.

Where can we view David Turner's blanks ? . Would like to get some.

Perhaps he could be encouraged to become an IAP member and to post his blanks here.

Top Bottom