Paypal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

smoky10

I got a warning this morning that there was some suspicious activity on my paypal account and I needed to sign in, by using the supplied link, give my pass word and account number. You know I did. I sent that e-mail to spoof@paypal.com . So watch out and protect yourself. There is always a low class piece of s**t waiting to steal what we have worked to get.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

I get those regularly. I never reply to anything from PayPal. If I suspect there is a problem, then I login in the usual fashion to look. You've got to be careful with those nuckle-heads.

Hastur

Tom, the rule is never use the link provided in an email, unless <u>you initiated the action</u>, such as registering for a forum and responding to the activation link (same rule applies to giving out your login and password, don't do it unless you made the call or initiated the email). If you want to check your account you should always type address in, it is very easy to copy the code for any webpage and create your own "cover" page and steal someones login and password.

airrat

I get those too Tom, I also get the ones stating so and so email has been added to your paypal account. Please click the link below to yada yada. I would like to find out the people sending these and kick their heads in. Problem is more and more scams are coming from foreign countries.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by huntersilver
<br />I also get some from Amazon as well, just delete them, they are all scams.

Ahmen. If any of these businesses want to tell you something, the information can be accessed at the web site after you have safely logged on with your password. I never even open e-mails from any company that is not specifically responding to something I sent them.

thetalbott4

Forward all of those to the business. I used to get several a week until I forwarded them and within a month or so, they stopped. If you do nothing about it, nothing will happen. If nobody reports it, they will never be caught.

its_virgil

I report several each week and they seem to just get more frequent. My "sent mail" folder to PayPal has about 60 emails to spoof@paypal.com ... Maybe it will stop someday.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by thetalbott4
<br />Forward all of those to the business. I used to get several a week until I forwarded them and within a month or so, they stopped. If you do nothing about it, nothing will happen. If nobody reports it, they will never be caught.

smoky10

This is the first I have gotten but I knew about it from previous posts on this forum and others. I don't ever give out any information online unless I make the contact. Some of the new people to this forum and the internet may not have heard of "phishing".

woodbutcher

At least once a week someone sends me note concerning a problem with some account I have that needs immediate attention. If delete is "immediate attention" then all is well. The rest of the the time I win millions in a lobby I never bought a ticket for.
Jim

btboone

The problem is that if you screw up when typing in your password to PayPal, they won't let you in without changing the password. To do that, you need to follow a link that looks just like those phishing scheme ones and type in your sensitive information. It's a real PayPal address, but I don't care for that at all.

dubdrvrkev

I got one from Chase bank saying I needed to verify my account. Thats funny I don't have any accounts there and strangely enough looking in the header of the email the return path went to a hotmail account, of course thats not what the link said.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by woodwish
<br />Makes you wonder just how many people are guilable enough to send in the info, doesn't it.[}:)]

Sadly, many. Creating those e-mails is a popular coffee shop activity in Nigeria. They create these scams without conscience believing anyone (make that rich white American) who is stupid enough to respond and send the information deserves to be robbed. It is a huge business, albiet illegal. Since many contain cookies and/or other abilities to gather information from ones computer, I never open or forward, just delete. And, my computer has software that deletes cookies, history, deleted files and then overwrites everything with DOD protection. As for PayPal, if I enter my password incorrectly, I just use 'back' and redo. No problemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom