Patrick's Shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pssmith

Here is a pic of the space in my shop to turn pens and such:

200412243548_pssmith.jpg

I just consolidated all my turning stuff in this section with plastic storage containers for blanks, kits, and other finishing materials on a shelf above the space, but I only get what I need to work on so I don't keep a lot of stock since pens are primarily gifts and occasional lunch money.

I even made sure to keep the last two nights of turning in the area rather than pick it up as any good Type A personality would.[8D]

For a more pics of the place, click here. Turning, and specifically pen turning, are relatively new to the space but account for a lot of the "piddlin'" and otherwise time normally devoted to getting my wife's bedroom furniture finished;)

http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modul...lery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Like the design of your bench a lot. First time I've seen the MINI with the bed extension in place.

Where abouts is Denham Springs? Sounds familiar but it's been over twenty years since my 3-year stay in Jefferson Parrish.

pssmith

Denham Springs is just outside of Baton Rouge, which, in turn, is about an hour outside of the New Orleans / Jefferson Parish area...It's kinda the equivalent to what Slidell was (it's since exploded) to the New Orleans area when you were down here...

woodwish

Nice Shop! I have the same lathe and though about the extension (it came out right after I got my lathe I think). After a lot of use though I decided that I have never needed a longer bed, what do you turn that actually uses the extension?

pssmith

I got the extension for any potential project involving anything round and greater than the 14" capacity the standard midi lathe allows. Almost did some table legs but opted to another design. Have also been thinking about a walking stick and would need the extra capacity.

The shop, a converted and closed-in carport, is just under 400 SF and is already full.[:(]

Thanks for the compliments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom