passive sander on the cheap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

old folks

Saw this on the web... use a roller skate wheel, take a power loc holder and insert shank into hole in skate wheel, put on power loc disc and you have a neat cheap passive sander... see rough scans'

200584224717_passive%20sander.jpg

200584224742_passive%20sander%20%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Probably could be any sanding pad with a 1/4" arbor shaft. Looks like you would use the wheel as a handle and pressure would keep the disk inserted in the bearing.

old folks

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />Probably could be any sanding pad with a 1/4" arbor shaft. Looks like you would use the wheel as a handle and pressure would keep the disk inserted in the bearing.

The disc are held on the holder and the holder shaft fits real tight into the hole of skate, you have to force the holder back out of the skate.

JimGo

AHA!!!! NOW I get it! Thanks John, this is a GREAT idea! I had no clue what a passive sander was. For those in the same state of confusion, check out http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=300-1000

dubdrvrkev

I tried this with a 2" disc that I got from Klingspor and a skate wheel I had sitting around and it does spin very freely however mine didn't stay in the hole, the wheel just slipped on and off. But it would still work all for the investment of nothing that I didn't already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom