Over Glasses Safety Glasses?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I posted this on another forum (flatwork) also. Last week I got some fine dust in my right eye and it turned red for several day and my GP sent me to an optometrist immediately. I got it resolved for now, but this has happened three times in the last year in the right eye. I go back this week for another checkup.

That made me start looking for over-glasses goggles. I bought this pair (link below) but I always like to have two or more pair of something like this.
The ones in the link are comfortable but they push my trifocals upward and I have to lower my head to look through the main upper part of the lens for distance. But They ARE comfortable. I have a couple of pair of the $5.00 HF type or other cheap type that I would rather not wear. I am safety minded, but when it becomes a pain to use, I will not use it, and search for something else.
https://www.amazon.com/SAFEYEAR-Gogg...1637565&sr=8-1

• What OVER Glasses Safety Glasses do you use?
• What safety glasses do you use if they are NOT over-glasses? (While not related to my need, but it is on the subject, it would be helpful for others to know.)
• Did you research them before buying?
• Why did you choose them?
• Do they do what you expected?
• Are they comfortable?
• Do they tend to fog up?

Please NOTE at the top of your response post, if you can, - if it is OVER GLASSES, or regular Safety Glasses.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

I wear a shield when roughing out on the lathe. But... I know your are all coming at me... so be it. When the roughing is done... I don't wear anything.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks fellows. I wear a shield when roughing out (as PreacherJon mentioned) and finishing most of the time. I need something that keeps side dust from coming in also, therefore need for over-glasses. The last "red eye" was caused when mulching leaves and dust came into my eye from the side when a gust of wind picked up some fine mulching in the air. Face shields would not have stopped that. (A Trend shield would have worked fine as it is sealed against the face, which is what I need.)

You have been very helpful, and I look forward for more posts.

Hank, you might want to consider killing two birds with one stone. I use the Trend Air/Pro and I can now sleep at night without congestion, plus it covers my whole face so anything flying around can't get to me. Bit expensive but if you watch Amazon you can get a deal sometimes. I think I paid just over $200.00 for mine.

Curly

KenB259

Found these over glasses ones, that look like they would completely seal your eyes from dust. Now I don't have these, but they look like they'd be promising. Kind of sucks that they make you buy two pair.
ULINE.jpg

howsitwork

wouldentu2?

I don't know the brand since they came with a pneumatic naile but they are large enough to cover my glasses and go over them easily. They remind me of those big sunglasses older people wear.

eharri446

I do not need them since I had Lasik done many years ago. However, after reading this post I went to my favorite online shopping store, Amazon, and found these:

NoCry Over-Glasses Safety Glasses - with Clear Anti-Scratch Wraparound Lenses, Adjustable Arms, Side Shields, UV400 Protection, ANSI Z87 & OSHA Certified (Black & Red)

They are around $20.00 and all of the reviews I read gave at least 4 stars. They even had people in the health industry dealing with covid-19 patients who raved about them.

O

Ohmo

I posted this on another forum (flatwork) also. Last week I got some fine dust in my right eye and it turned red for several day and my GP sent me to an optometrist immediately. I got it resolved for now, but this has happened three times in the last year in the right eye. I go back this week for another checkup.

That made me start looking for over-glasses goggles. I bought this pair (link below) but I always like to have two or more pair of something like this.
The ones in the link are comfortable but they push my trifocals upward and I have to lower my head to look through the main upper part of the lens for distance. But They ARE comfortable. I have a couple of pair of the $5.00 HF type or other cheap type that I would rather not wear. I am safety minded, but when it becomes a pain to use, I will not use it, and search for something else.
https://www.amazon.com/SAFEYEAR-Gogg...1637565&sr=8-1

• What OVER Glasses Safety Glasses do you use?
• What safety glasses do you use if they are NOT over-glasses? (While not related to my need, but it is on the subject, it would be helpful for others to know.)
• Did you research them before buying?
• Why did you choose them?
• Do they do what you expected?
• Are they comfortable?
• Do they tend to fog up?

Please NOTE at the top of your response post, if you can, - if it is OVER GLASSES, or regular Safety Glasses.
Self deleted.

Top Bottom