Oven bake polymer clay?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

The wife and I were out and about this morning. We stopped at Hobby Lobby so she could look at some fabric. I spotted a brochure on polymer clay projects. The brochure said they were oven bake. Would this work for pen blanks? Lots of colors on display. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

The wife and I were out and about this morning. We stopped at Hobby Lobby so she could look at some fabric. I spotted a brochure on polymer clay projects. The brochure said they were oven bake. Would this work for pen blanks? Lots of colors on display. Thanks.
Yes, and lots of possibilities. Check out Toni Street's amazing polymer clay blanks.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited:

Woodchipper

Thanks three bunches. Something else to occupy my time...between 10 PM and 7 AM! Will check the links provided. I'm sure there are videos on this, too.

gbpens

Each of the major brands are slightly different so follow the instructions. Use an extra toaster oven and a good thermometer. Do not bake these in your kitchen oven. Wives do not appreciate the odor.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Absolutely - it's how I got my granddaughter started in pen making. We bought a few colors, broke off pieces of each & rolled them into a ball with the palms of our hands. Then pressed it flat on wax paper & rolled it onto a tube & shaped it by hand, then baked it in the oven. Fast & easy. You can go crazy from there. šŸ˜Š

Woodchipper

Looked at some of the videos. Decided it wasn't for me due to the time spent to make a blank. There are a sackful of blanks on the market that are very nice. Guess where I can buy them.

Top Bottom