Our first turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tiggere

tiggere

Son and I joined a local turning club and they require a 4 hour safety/turning course for members...especially members like us that have never worked on a lathe...it was a great time and here is a pic of our first project...the piece on the left we think is Ash and it was as hard as concrete...the left one we think was Elm...that's what was written on the blanks but if you know for sure would love some identification as I don't think I want to turn any of the left one ever again...the instructor sharpened the tools 3 or 4 times just to get what I got...it was tough going...

Attachments

• IMG_1623.JPG
    IMG_1623.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tiggere

Edit: The RIGHT one we think was Elm...going to look for some of those other choices tomorrow...lol

bsshog40

Nice work for first turnings. Turned out better than my first turnings. Lol My instructor was youtube. Lol

tiggere

Thanks for the complements...I was given a lathe and the tools the other day (not high quality by any means) but plan to turn a couple items on it while I wait for the Black Friday sales to purchase my lathe and supplies...it was a lot of fun doing the project and I have a pen turning seminar scheduled for next month at our club...I enjoy woodworking in general as it is just relaxing to me...I know y'all will call me crazy but the sanding was very enjoyable...almost zen like...

Top Bottom