Other than pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

Some time back there was a posting requesting that IAP members share postings of items made other than pens. I'd like to start a new thread and request that you show us all what you do to 'waste' time and use up 'waste' material. This is my contribution to 'staying out of trouble' and keeping castoff material from the wastesite. Keep the topic light and have fun with.
-Peter-

2006422234015_mamaplanter.jpg

2006422234035_minibench.jpg

200642223411_miniplanter.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
I have a new gallery page on my website with some photos of the recent things that I have made.

http://www.woodturner-russ.com/GalleryOfTheNew.html

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />I'm not sure I can post pictures of my non-penturning activities as they center around cherchez les femmes jolie. [8D]

Come on Lou, share your wealth. Let me rephrase that, "share the pic". I love Jolie, Julie and les autre[;)]

Russ, you ain't staying out of trouble. You are just staying above the rest. Wow, words can not describe the beauty of your work.

-Peter-

How about a portable fly tying box? I randomly decided that I wanted to take up fly fishing, and fly tying. So I bought a fly tying kit and didn't have anything to store the kit in, so I made this box from a design I found on the internet. Pretty much an all in one deal, find a little table to open it up on and it's all there!

20064231520_myflytyingbox.jpg

angboy

Originally posted by KingBubbaTruck
<br />How about a portable fly tying box? I randomly decided that I wanted to take up fly fishing, and fly tying. So I bought a fly tying kit and didn't have anything to store the kit in, so I made this box from a design I found on the internet. Pretty much an all in one deal, find a little table to open it up on and it's all there!

20064231520_myflytyingbox.jpg

Well look Lou- he combined woodworking stuff with les femmes jolie.

Jim,

That a sweet looking plane! I'm guessing you can read a newspaper through the shavings on that...

Oh, and about my post [B)] Sorry bout that, forgot about the shop calendar....

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by Mac In Oak Ridge
<br />
Originally posted by Jim Boyd
<br />Finished this today.

Jim,
Do you have a photo with something to compare it to size? Beautiful plane, a kit? All from scratch? Details man, details!

It is based on a Shepherd kit I built a couple months ago. Built entirely from scratch except fot the Hock blade. Measures about 8" long and has a 2 1/4" blade. First project on my mini mill and Atlas lathe. If I get good making them maybe I can get a stubby lathe like Terry[:D]

woodman928

This is what I do to have fun. Takes about 300 hours to build and around 450 parts to cut to only thing I dont make yet are the music rolls. You cant wipe the grin off my face when playing it.
Jay

200642542550_.JPG%20901.jpg
<br />

200642544120_.JPG%20902.jpg
<br />

angboy

Originally posted by woodman928
<br />This is what I do to have fun. Takes about 300 hours to build and around 450 parts to cut to only thing I dont make yet are the music rolls. You cant wipe the grin off my face when playing it.
Jay

OK, I'll bite- what exactly is it? It certainly looks nice, but I don't know what to call it!

johnson

One of a kind furniture that other people think up. This one was a graduation present for a friends son as a memorial to his father who had died a year earlier. Used the fathers clubs.

131519040.jpg

PenWorks

Looks like something my monkey and I would use to stand on the street corner
and hawk pens. [:D] I sure don't have 300 hours to put into a project and if it has more than 10 parts, forget it.

But it sure does look sweet and wreeks of fine workmanship !!! [:0]

Kurt Aebi

I do a lot of Flat Work as well as turning. Actually, the lathes are the latest additions to my woodworking shop.

Here's a link to an album of what else I do.

http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albup65&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1

Here's a custom turkey call I've just finished.

399709.jpg

woodman928

Hi All
Its call a Street Organ, Crank Organ, Monkey Organ and us Americans started calling it a Hurdy Gurdy because it had a crank on it.
I just have drawings and a video on how to make it. Its call a John Smith Senior 20 Organ meaning it has 20 notes and 20 pipes. It plays rolls of music I buy from a gentleman it San Antonio. You turn the handle which operate the bellows that fills up the reservoir as the hole in the paper goes over the hole in the tracker bar the air goes to that pipe and plays that note.
No kit all part are make by me one at a time made form Baltic birch and walnut, cherry Hard maple or what ever is on hand at time. I’m working on a new one now that has 26 notes and 70 pipes and a Glockenspiel (Xylophone) it’s almost done (all I lack finishing up LOL). It’s the most fun you can have with your close on.[:D][:D][:D]
Jay[:p]

alamocdc

All this is very impressive, folks! I'm afraid I'd be too embarassed to show pics of my jolly femmes here. After all, this IS a family forum. [:I][}:)][;)]

Jim, salad bowl for who?![?] Paul Bunyan?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom