opinions on chuck please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

I think he shouldn't marry Camilla. Oops, sorry, wrong Chuck.

I do have a similar chuck on my Sherline 4th axis mill, and it is very accurate. I don't turn things quickly on it, but it does the things I do with a good grip and concentricity.

M

Mudder

I had one and sent it back. It's hard to get it to grip properly. Kept coming loose while the lathe was running, I got this one instead and I'm happy with it:

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CHKMG3

Of course, I may have just got a dud.

Rifleman1776

If you do get a chuck from PSI, be sure to check it out thouroughly upon receipt. I went through four defectives before finally getting a keeper with the fifth. They will give you good service and pay for shipping both ways, but months of hassle and time lost was frustrating. They, in my opinion, have problems with their Chinese factories and quality control. And do remember, a mini-chuck is for mini-work. Anything much larger than the jaws (jaws, not chuck) just won't hold.

Tom McMillan

I have a mini-chuck from PSI---but, think they've changed it since I purchased it. Mine was numbered C4J. It has 3 sets of 4 jaws. Guess mine would be closest to the Mini-Grip 3 chuck system they have now--so, maybe they've made some improvements. But,mine has worked well for me---have used it for some of the birdhouse ornaments I've made and some other things----no bowls on it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom