Opal Blanks Available with a new one coming Very Soon!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Here is a small sample of our "Opal" line blanks. Currently there are 17 different colors, with more to come. These blanks are full of character that just can't be captured in a single photo. Their color shifting qualities really come to life in the light!
You can check them out here.... https://www.exoticblanks.com/Opal-FX-Pen-Blanks/

Also.... a new color being posted soon! It's called "Precious" Opal. Just when I think I have a favorite a new one comes out of the mold to take its place.
I'm turning one tonight and will post a picture soon!

Attachments

• Opals (2).jpg
    Opals (2).jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
John, I'm new to cast blanks. What medium were these done in? I'm assuming Carbide tools will turn them just fine? They are nice but I noticed you didn't have any Navy button blanks. Can that be done? Thanks

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's GREAT to see John back to making blanks!!

We know many of you are not active on Facebook--neither am I!! So, we will endeavor to keep you completely UP TO DATE on John's progress without having to leave the happy confines of the IAP!!

I've had a sneak preview of John's coming attractions---DON'T MISS THEM!!!

Thanks for looking--Ed from Exotics!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm (and my family) are SCUBA divers, so left to right, # 2 and #4 are superb. The others are merely amazing 🤩

Superb artistry!

JohnU

These are clear cast with Alumilite Urethane resin so they turn very smoothly.

I will be adding more button blanks soon. Arny buttons seem to be very abundant but Navy and Marines are a little hard to come by. Some of them are plastic and others are pressed so deeply that they don't look good when pressed flat for casting. I'm always working on blanks so I will see what I can get done for you.

They are hard to photograph and pictures just don't show everything that's going on in them. I've been told by a very reputable seller that if he can get the customer to hold the pen in the sunlight and look at the character, he will more than likely sell them the pen. lol

Thanks Mark! lol The first one was very similar to my scuba tanks color - 2 & 4 are some of my favorites also!

I will be adding more button blanks soon. Arny buttons seem to be very abundant but Navy and Marines are a little hard to come by. Some of them are plastic and others are pressed so deeply that they don't look good when pressed flat for casting. I'm always working on blanks so I will see what I can get done for you.

They are hard to photograph and pictures just don't show everything that's going on in them. I've been told by a very reputable seller that if he can get the customer to hold the pen in the sunlight and look at the character, he will more than likely sell them the pen. lol

Thanks Mark! lol The first one was very similar to my scuba tanks color - 2 & 4 are some of my favorites also!

Thanks for the info John. I'll keep my eyes open for the Navy blanks and hopefully be your first customer.

kronewi

A Navy button blank would be great!!

Racer3770

I tried one of these that I won as a prize from MPG years ago and it was sold before I was even finished polishing it. Incredible work John!

Top Bottom