One more newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bitshird

Hi;
My name is Ken, I work as an Assistant Instructor in Machine Tool Technology (Machine Shop) I retired from a nearly successful jewelry manufacturing career where I learned to write CNC code and cast gold and silver, since I still have all the junk I may try my hand at making some pen parts for special projects
I started making mandrels this afternoon, got a dozen or so pen kits from a great supplier, and will start turning pens Tuesday, cut up some nice wood so every thing is going to be in a haze of dust and confusion next week, I've been lurking reading and looking at some gorgeous work, hope I can get near some of the artistic stuff I've seen on this forum, I may even have to buy a wood lathe pretty soon
Ken Ferrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Welcome Ken!
If we have some fun with your screen name PLEASE don't feel offended. Especially after that Mensa thread we had the other day!

Texatdurango

Originally posted by bitshird
<br />Hi;
My name is Ken, I work as an Assistant Instructor in Machine Tool Technology (Machine Shop) I retired from a nearly successful jewelry manufacturing career where I learned to write CNC code and cast gold and silver, since I still have all the junk I may try my hand at making some pen parts for special projects
I started making mandrels this afternoon, got a dozen or so pen kits from a great supplier, and will start turning pens Tuesday, cut up some nice wood so every thing is going to be in a haze of dust and confusion next week, I've been lurking reading and looking at some gorgeous work, hope I can get near some of the artistic stuff I've seen on this forum, I may even have to buy a wood lathe pretty soon
Ken Ferrell
Welcome aboard, just remember that you have to also get a camera so you can take photos of your pens as you make them.

Gold and silver casting, that sounds interesting. My favorite show "How it's made" had a segment the other day about how jewelry is made and the casting process from wax master design to the finished ring, pretty fascinating stuff. Looking forward to seeing some pens.

palmermethod

Greetings Ken,
I'm also new to this site and hobby. I have printed a couple of binders full of tips & pix. You must check them out especially articles from the past few years. Great hobby and great members here.

M

Mudder

Welcome Ken;

Very interesting screen name you have there [;)]

bitshird

Yup it's an anagram, kind of hard to figure out isn't it ;^) it was given to me by a former commanding officer in the Navy.
I didn't like him much either

Ken Ferrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom