?? on Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at Billy's stoppers and see that they are about the same height as the ones I make. However, I have had lots of people complain because they are too tall. Do any of you have that problem? If so, how do you get around it. I also tell people that they work good in oil and vinegar bottles too. As for the Jack D bottles, use the pour spouts! They are good sellers also.:D

200611719654_658Mesquite%20Pour%20Spout%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Use the stainless bases from Ruth Niles to make shorter stoppers. As for vinegar, I wouldn't put any chrome stopper near that stuff.

Doghouse

I use them for oil, but they get sticky after a while. I stopped turning them as the kits originaly were junk. (IMHO) Have they improved or is there anyone other than PSI making them?

Lloyd Frisbee

I have heard the same complaint about the height. The stoppers make it difficult to stick in the fridge standing up. They want short versions.

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by Lloyd Frisbee
<br />I have heard the same complaint about the height. The stoppers make it difficult to stick in the fridge standing up. They want short versions.

<b>I made stoppers for a while, I told people who complained they were too tall to lay them over, they said "won't they leak?", I replied "they wouldn't be much of a stopper if they did", that sold more than a few.</b>

Get same complaint about height... most people tell me they won't fit in the fridge... my answer... wine don't do in fridge.

the pour spouts are great for liquor bottles.

I'm going to the silicone stoppers instead of the chrome cones... I think the cones are too heavy and tend to make the stoppers tall anyway...

Hi Bev,

When I first started to make stoppers I paid no attention to the height of them. After my first sale I had people tell me they loved them, but they could not put the bottle in the fridge, the stoppers were too tall.

After I heard that I scaled my stopper heights so that they could indeed fit on a bottle that was going to be help in a fridge (not the way I store Wine, but who knows!). Since then no complaints

:)

jjenk02

Originally posted by ozmandus
<br />Get same complaint about height... most people tell me they won't fit in the fridge... my answer... wine don't do in fridge.

the pour spouts are great for liquor bottles.

I'm going to the silicone stoppers instead of the chrome cones... I think the cones are too heavy and tend to make the stoppers tall anyway...

I agree, the silicone stoppers will seal the bottle so you can lay them on thier side.[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom