OM Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nlp1090

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlp1090

I would love to get an opinion on my personal favorite pen.

I am not a pen turner or maker. I collect exotic pens, I love pens. I wish I could make pens like all of you pen turners. All of you are wonderful pen makers. I have seen some beautiful pen on this penturners.org web site.

I want to thank Mr. Ed Davidson, who showed me this web site. Actually Ed made some pens for me and I had asked him if he can email me all the pictures of different pens that he has. He did, but I kept asking him to send me some more pictures and he just directed me to this penturners.org website. Thank you very much Mr. Ed Davidson.

20051128154530_OM%20Pen%202.jpg

20051128154554_OM%20Pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

That is certainly a very unique pen that departs from the usual 'kit' styles. Normally, I do not care for 'busy' looks but this pen is very elegant and each element has a purpose. The clip and center band appear to be me handcrafted just for this pen. There seems to be one or more symbols on the center band. Can you tell us more about this?

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Frank,

That looks like the work of one of the Gisi's to me. As you may know, they are father and son and make some really ornate and intricate pens. Their albums are in the PMG site if you are interested.

nlp1090

Frank,

The symbol is called "OM", follow this site for explanation:

http://hinduism.about.com/library/weekly/aa022200.htm

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Frank,

That looks like the work of one of the Gisi's to me. As you may know, they are father and son and make some really ornate and intricate pens. Their albums are in the PMG site if you are interested.

Maybe this will make up for my previous comments about a Gisi pen. [:)]

YoYoSpin

That is a true beauty, highly unique and collectable...well done!

BTW, it's really great to hear from one of those rare and valued pen collectors who help fund our little pen-making obsession. It’s always considered a tremendous complement when someone puts their hard earned cash on the table for something we’ve made...thanks!

Indeed a wonderful pen!

I must also thank you as has Ed , having a person here who treasures our work is wonderful and I feel a great deal of gratitude that you have selected a few of my pens for your own collection...Thank You!

vick

Not sure if anyone is interested but I found that the Gisi's started a web site
http://www.gisiwriting.com/page/page/1858900.htm
If you want to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom