Olivewood and Paduak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Inspired by KenB259 posting of segmenting jig took me to new level of segmenting. Built jig made few test run and developed this pen blank.blank.
there will be more as with the jig designs are unlimited, fun project in developing more designs.
Thank You KenB259.

cheers

charlie

charlie
IMG_2513.jpg
IMG_2499.jpg
IMG_2500.jpg
IMG_2514.jpg
IMG_2515.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

That is really nice. I love the deep red color of the Padauk. Call me crazy, but I actually prefer it after it has aged a little and darkened, rather than the bright orange color you can get from fresh sanding.

MRDucks2

Cool blank/pen. I appreciate you showing us multiple sides of the pen and the blank. It helps those of us still pondering these methods on both the approach and the expected outcome.

KenB259

Very cool, I am glad I inspired you. I feel I have a lot of designs that I have not found from this jig. You got that pattern way better centered than the similar one I tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Woodfreak

That is really nice. I love the deep red color of the Padauk. Call me crazy, but I actually prefer it after it has aged a little and darkened, rather than the bright orange color you can get from fresh sanding.
Most coloured timber (scuse the English spelling of colour) šŸ¤£ But I am English. Like I say, most coloured timbers unfortunately, or in Erics case, fortunately darken with age. Its the nature of the beast. There are one or two timbers that are dark and stay that way. Example Ebony, Lignum Vitea. Don't know if you guys across the pond know this site. The wood database" its very good at identifying timber.

Top Bottom