OK, I'm Back

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Sorry, Guys and Gals, but the mug raffle and the associated PayPal problems took me away for a while.

I would like to start individual threads on what contests we agree to have.

First, has anyone heard from Randy lately? I have PM'd him twice asking if he would run the trivia contest again, but haven't gotten an answer.

Contests:

1. Curtis's photography contest. Naturally, we will leave it to Curtis to develop it.

2. Hank's guess the skin contest. Hank, if you and Dawn can work on that to see what can actually be cast, then we can work that contest up.

3. I am assuming Jeff will run his auction for large prizes again. Whether Jeff chooses to use PayPal or take an alternate route for tickets will obviously be up to Jeff.

4. Ugly Pen Contest. This has been a member favorite every time. It has been suggested that we run another contest in conjunction with it. To wit, one thread for Ugly Pen photos only. Another thread, no photos, but trash-talking about the ugly pens. This way, we would have two contests for prizes.

5. Trivia Contest. We need someone to head it up if Randy is out of the picture.

Pen Contests Most Modified? Kitless? Ideas are needed.

Also, any suggestions for members to work in the contests would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

William/Cav

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Last year:
Loadza Loggers- attempt to set new record for log-in
Best Avatar
Best new article
Chapter Collaboration
Best Product review
Liar's club
Best newbie pen
pen and penturner contest
Jeff's contest
Trivia contest
there may be more, I will research.

This is just for information, so we don't have a "Oh, my Gosh" moment on January 30!!!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
It's not like Randy to stay out of it, he may be one of those poor folks that got that nasty H1N1 I heard about....Although I really hope he is just on vacation or something.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
If Randy hasn't responded to you, William, I'd guess that it's because he's not interested...He's done it at least two years, so he's got a good grasp of what needs doing - maybe that's keeping him away this year! :)

If he doesn't want to do the trivia, there's always people willing to help out...

Andrew

leehljp

Member Liaison
Dawn has the skins but we don't yet know how well they will work. I am sure she is going to be busy creating new blanks and shipping them out for their business - especially until Christmas.

PR_Princess

Hi Guys..Sorry that I have not been around much. Hank is right. Exotics and the day job has kept me busy. But I expect that that Exotics will be tapering off now that shows are about done.

Hank sent oodles and oodles of cool skins to me. LOL now I will just need a few clues as to how many we will need!

PR_Princess

I am new here, so go a head and tell me if I am all wet.. But I had a thought on the Trivia...

I might be worth considering using this opportunity to try to bring an more of an International contingent into the BB management. Maybe an Aussie and Brit (Or even a certain Welsh fellow). The IAP has quite a few members from those countries. It may not hurt to go out of your way to get them represented. Especially considering all of the other sites out there... FWIW

Top Bottom