Oil Water Separator help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I got this thing at HF today for my compressor and there instructions don't say anything about how it goes in the line. The mail end is labeled in the diagram as the "inlet, but that seems backwards because of the drain in the separator. Anybody out there use one of these?

200611933919_PICT0162.jpg

Randy_

I bought something similar the other day(not installed yet) and mine is labeled exactly the same way. Not sure exactly how they work; but I would follow the instructions.

Firefyter-emt

Male threads to the airline. You can tell as the water drain is on that end. (tire valve) The must of screwed up the lable.

Put that thing on the end of you air hose, it is next to useless as a "full compressor" drain and only so so at water removal. There was a post a little while about this. There are 2 types that work well. The round paper filter ones and the descicant style. The deesign you have there is a small scale of one that is designed to be used after a long line of metal piping that is set up to cool the air, drop the water in the pipe and let it run to the drain seperate from the air. This would just help out at the end.

gerryr

Thanks. I'll use it for a while and then get a dessicant one, which they do have at HF.

Randy, the directions are pretty much useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom