Offset Sanding Jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

michaelperez

Hey Woodturning fam! 🌲✨ Just wanted to share my recent game-changer – the fantastic offset sanding jig I got from 🛠️Richard Herrell🔧 Before, it used to take me over an hour to square and mill the blanks for a perfect and straight hole but with this jig, it's a breeze – less than 2 minutes! ⏱️🚀 Huge shoutout to Richard for crafting this time-saving gem. If you're into pen turning, this is a must-have! Happy turning, everyone! 🪵🖋️

Attachments

• IMG_1984.jpeg
    IMG_1984.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1985.jpeg
    IMG_1985.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 85
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

I love my sanding jig from Rick. I think I bought mine a year ago and haven't touched a barrel trimmer since. I would give all my barrel trimmers away but would rather refer someone looking for trimmers to Rick for one of his jigs than see them suffer with barrel trimmers. My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.

michaelperez

Interesting.
What were you doing before that took over an hour?????
Hello, I wanted precision in creating a perfect hole, so I squared all blank sizes. When clamped for drilling, I ensure a precise center hole. For trimming, I use a drill press with an XY table, clamping the blank for accurate and straight milling.

michaelperez

I love my sanding jig from Rick. I think I bought mine a year ago and haven't touched a barrel trimmer since. I would give all my barrel trimmers away but would rather refer someone looking for trimmers to Rick for one of his jigs than see them suffer with barrel trimmers. My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.
Hello, i had the same feeling

Top Bottom