November 2, 2013

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Well it has been set the next meeting will be on November 2nd 2013 at Woodcraft. The scheduled demo is CA Glue finish, which will be a great demo.

The special event is a turn for the troops, where pens made are donated to military personel. A lot of the members in the HRpenturners are former or current military, have some kind of association with the military, work for the military, or have family members in the military.

From my understanding Woodcraft will be providing the prepared blanks, lathes, and friction polish for finishes. We need to bring CA Glue, tools, and anything extra we want.

A few questions I have are:
Do we need to bring sandpaper/micromesh?
I heard one of the guys there is having his shop class (he teaches) prep the blanks, can we bring some to Woodcraft and they prep them?
I heard where people put business cards with the pens, is that a common practice?
Are any other groups close by going to crash this, err I mean help us? :laugh:

Should we set a goal of how many we complete as a group?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Well it has been set the next meeting will be on November 2nd 2013 at Woodcraft. The scheduled demo is CA Glue finish, which will be a great demo.

The special event is a turn for the troops, where pens made are donated to military personel. A lot of the members in the HRpenturners are former or current military, have some kind of association with the military, work for the military, or have family members in the military.

From my understanding Woodcraft will be providing the prepared blanks, lathes, and friction polish for finishes. We need to bring CA Glue, tools, and anything extra we want.

A few questions I have are:
Do we need to bring sandpaper/micromesh?
I heard one of the guys there is having his shop class (he teaches) prep the blanks, can we bring some to Woodcraft and they prep them?
I heard where people put business cards with the pens, is that a common practice?
Are any other groups close by going to crash this, err I mean help us? :laugh:

Should we set a goal of how many we complete as a group?

More details to come as it gets closer to the date, but this meeting's efforts will be in conjunction with Woodcraft's annual "Turn for Troops" that happens on the following Veterans Day weekend. Our efforts will be supplementing what they normally can finish at that event. More information about that event can be found on their blog at Turn For Troops

DK61

Woodcraft has supplied everything for Turn for the Troops in the past but it would not hurt to bring your own sandpaper/micro mesh if you want. There will be small slips of paper you can write a note on if you want to that goes into the plastic bag with the pen. People usually do not put business cards in the bag. i have had some of the troops contact me saying thanks for the custom pen since i included a short thank you note to them and my email.

Woodcraft has supplied everything for Turn for the Troops in the past but it would not hurt to bring your own sandpaper/micro mesh if you want. There will be small slips of paper you can write a note on if you want to that goes into the plastic bag with the pen. People usually do not put business cards in the bag. i have had some of the troops contact me saying thanks for the custom pen since i included a short thank you note to them and my email.

Thanks for adding your personal experience!!

edicehouse

About 11:30 this morning I am sitting at my desk, just surfing around. Well someone calls and asks for a favor. No big deal, I am on the phone with them discussing it. Well a Project Manager comes in blurts out "Ed Marvin needs to see you now!" I go back to my phone call barely acknowledge them. Head over after my phone call. I am working on a project this weekend for someone else, that person does not know I am doing it. . .

About 11:30 this morning I am sitting at my desk, just surfing around. Well someone calls and asks for a favor. No big deal, I am on the phone with them discussing it. Well a Project Manager comes in blurts out "Ed Marvin needs to see you now!" I go back to my phone call barely acknowledge them. Head over after my phone call. I am working on a project this weekend for someone else, that person does not know I am doing it. . .

Thanks for letting us know...work hard!!

Top Bottom