Nova Comet II Sale and Free Accessory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

It's a pretty good deal but if you don't need the chuck the lathe is $100 cheaper at woodturningz

It looks like the lathe you are quoting as cheaper on woodturningz is version 1 that does not have reversible switch. 399. The 2nd version is 499 @ woodturningz -same as rocklers combo deal.

$499 a Rockler you get the comet 2 version 2 (with reversible switch) and the reversible g3 chuck.

I just ordered the combo package... I cannot wait

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

It looks like the lathe you are quoting as cheaper on woodturningz is version 1 that does not have reversible switch. 399. The 2nd version is 499 @ woodturningz -same as rocklers combo deal. $499 a Rockler you get the comet 2 version 2 (with reversible switch) and the reversible g3 chuck. I just ordered the combo package... I cannot wait

Yes, I believe that you are correct.

Assuming the rockler version is the v2. I think woodturningz has a package deal too.

endacoz

I got the call in a hour ago from rockler that my lathe and g 3 chuck arrived! I can not wait to un box it tonight.

Mengtian

I looked at the Nova II and that deal. After shipping and Taxes it costs 576.00. The Rikon 70-220VSR is 619.00 at Performance Tools. No taxes. Cost after shipping is 669.00 (619.00 if you select commercial shipping).

For the price difference I think the Rikon is a pretty good deal.

Thoughts?

endacoz

I paid $534 in store. Got it set up, breaking in the motor as I type.

Thinking of ordering the stand for it from Wal-Mart, for $149.

Last edited:
Top Bottom