Nothing Fancy (with one exception)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EricRN

EricRN

A couple of the recent turns.

Here's a mistral in gold Ti. The cap is an Omas milady, sort of a pearlescent white (which you can't see too well in the photo). The body is a rose-colored vintage acetate. This one will be a Christmas present for my gram.

0017b.jpg

Here's a sirrocco in Conway Stewart Azure. This is a great kit, if you haven't turned one. It's a really great size--not to thin, not to thick. I find it a little classier than the standard gatsby or sierra, without being overdone. The finish is rhodium and black Ti (I think; can't quite remember).
0024g.jpg

Another mistral, this one in black Ti with rhodium accents. I probably won't do any more of this kit. It bothers me that the nib section is done in rhodium rather than the black Ti to match the threaded piece that presses into the body. Doesn't seem to match to me. The body is an Omas red and black. Gave this one to a college buddy for his birthday.
0022d.jpg

An apprentice manhattan click. These kits turned out OK. I liked the look of them in the online photos, but I'm not too enamored with the look in real life. It's quite a thick pen--maybe 12mm or so wide, maybe a little more. I like my click-style ballpoints a little thinner than that. The body is a vintage cellulose acetate.

0023a.jpg

And now, the exception referred to in the title. The piece de restistance. A large (snr gent sized) rollerball with solid sterling fittings and decorative nib, made by Michael Redburn here on IAP. He did a great job. This is a gift for my wife. The body is an Erinoid pink orchid blank that she picked out. I'm going to buff the sterling a bit; I think I can get a better shine. And I want to take it to a jeweler to have her initial engraved on the clip. But it's pretty close to done.

0021b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That is a wonderful set of pens, and the photos are also very nice.

Great work with the materials.

magpens

Nice ... Nice ... Nice ... Nice ... Nicest !!!!

Very lovely workmanship on all !!! . Congratulations !!!

Wagner11

Those are all exceptional. I really love the one you made for your grand. I'm sure she will be very pleased.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom