Not really advanced but fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

apple320

It all started when I was asked if I could make a real pen. Now bear in mind it was a family friend so I did not kick his a$$. His idea of a real pen was a Bic he pulled out of his pocket. The only problem with it was that it was a bit to thin. When I asked him where the cap was his response was there is a cap for these? My first idea was to drill a hole in a broom handle and stick the Bic into it but thought better about it. The only thing I was at a bit of a loss for was the nib unit for the refill to fit through. As I was walking around his shop I seen a grease nipple on his cement mixer. So when he was not looking I took it, pay back for the real pen comment. This way it has a bit of MAN factor on it. I was just going to drill a hole in and just screw the nipple with a spring to hold the Parker refill into the nipple but I thought I would like to be able to retract the refill as well. Keep in mind it will almost always be in the extended position but I still thought it would be sort if neat to be able to retract. The blind cap has about 7/8 of thread on it so it can be backed off to retract the refill and still have lots of threads in the body.

Attachments

• B Point.jpg
    B Point.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 415
  • B Point1.jpg
    B Point1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 355
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sanger351

I like it. I can see making a desk pen out of it and using the grease gun end as a holder.

cnirenberg

It all started when I was asked if I could make a real pen. Now bear in mind it was a family friend so I did not kick his a$$.QUOTE]

Chris,
Awesome pen. Definitely thinking out of the box. Now beat him over the head with it. Should have used brass, it weighs more.

Top Bottom