Not quite a pen but close

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

I was out working in the shop the other day and dropped my mechanical pencil which broke the tip off. I was placing a PSI order and noticed they had a nice looking kit in the catalog so I bought one. This is the finished product with a Cherry wood blank. Very nice pencil and the weight and barrel size are very nice too.

Attachments

• mechanicalincherry.jpg
    mechanicalincherry.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dpstudios

It turns quite nicely with sharp tools. I mixed a hot batch after sanding and plugging my tube and slathered it on, let dry /cure for a week and tuned.
Finished with CA.

howsitwork

What on earth is" Bondo" ? Some sort off rubber compound perhaps?? Like the pencil kit. I assume it's a 2mm diameter lead clutch type pencil Tom?

Might have to put one on the next import order for my friend to bring back with him from USA.

Nice result , don't you fancy making one form SWMBO to keep in her good books?

What on earth is" Bondo" ? Some sort off rubber compound perhaps?? Like the pencil kit. I assume it's a 2mm diameter lead clutch type pencil Tom?

Might have to put one on the next import order for my friend to bring back with him from USA.

Nice result , don't you fancy making one form SWMBO to keep in her good books?

Hey Ian, when you get a dent in your car you first try to pound it out and then use Bondo to smooth it out. I wish I had a picture of her, but I had a 1967 Ford F-100 that I rebuilt, from the ground up and used a lot of Bondo. The truck was absolutely gorgeous when I got done. Still wished I had it. It is a 2mm lead which is perfect. I've got a bunch of it. My wife is my product checker, if it makes it by her then it's okay. She's also my best salesperson. She's got me more business than I could have gotten on my own.

Top Bottom