Not New but gone for a while

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctwxlvr

Well I haven turned a pen in over a year now, Hope to be able to turn again this fall. I developed lung problems last fall. I could not walk across the street with out trying to cough up a lung, well $1800 in dr visits and a change of doctors have determined I have acute asthma that is exercise, aromatics, pollution and temperature induced.

Add on to that a back and elbow injury, it has wiped me out physically and mentally.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome back. Nothing like a good pile of saw dust from some exotic wood to take your mind off of lung problems:befuddled:. I'm glad your feeling better and glad you are here. Be careful, and post some pictures of your creations come the fall.
Mike

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tracy,

Welcome back! I know how lung problems can totally sap your strength. I now say that breathing is a skill that is very under-appreciated until you have trouble doing it.

The mental part of the problem was the toughest for me. It will eventually pass; you just have to totally revamp your priorities and your outlook on life.

Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to about things.

rjwolfe3

I understand about the asthma problems. My wife has a hard time coming down to the shop and turning with me anymore because of it. Or maybe she just doesn't like me, lol. Glad to see you back.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome back Tracy. Good to see you again. Since you left there have been some new things added to the library that might be interesting to look over.

Longfellow

Welcome Back

Welcome from Sunny St. Cloud, Fla. Home of beautiful Florida woods.
I also suffer from COPD caused by 70 years of woodworking plus smoking and some years of hard drinking, so I feel your pain. Take it slow and easy.

Top Bottom