Not a pen......but a pencil......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodscavenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I bought a few of the Carpenters/Woodworkers pencils from CSUSA. These will be gifts for a few fellow woodworkers. These were fun to do. I did them a little different that the directions. The woods are cocobolo, walnut, bocote, cherry (from the firewood pile).
My modifications.....
1) I used a 3/8 inch drill instead of the 10mm because the thread were very sloppy in the end and I didn't have any epoxy on hand. 3/8 was a tight fit that requiered a little use of a rasp to open the end up just a touch so I could use medium CA to glue it in place.

2) I am cheap so I passed on the bushings. I used a slimline tube and blank that was leftover from a blowout and turned the O.D. of the blank down to 3/8 to just slide inside the 3/8 inch hole. I cut the slimline tube in half so I had about 1" on each end of my project blank.

3) I used some spacer 7mm bushing and a couple of larger bushing from a random kit to lock it in place with the slimline adapter inside the blank.

4) Had fun playing with shapes.........The rest is easy.

BTW, that is a cocobolo pocketwatch sitting next to the group. I am going to make a few more of those.

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Great looking pencils Shane, I really like those and they sell real good.
the 1st & 3rd from the left, would be my pick.
I would have bought the bushings.

dougle40

Good stuff Shane . I like the "Redneck" (no slur intended , my signature on another forum is "Proud Canadian Redneck") way of thinking about the bushings !!!!

woodscavenger

I take no offense to the Redneck comment. I grew up working on a farm. I can make anything work with duct tape, bailing twine and a pair of pliers! I don't need no stinking bushings. I'd just lose them anyway.

The watch insert was PSI or CSUSA. I don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom