North Texas Chapter forming???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Well it looks like a lot of folks are having a good time all over the country getting together meeting fellow pen turners... including those fellow Texans farther south from us!

I propose we get a chapter going for the North Texas area pen makers which would include not only the greater DFW Metroplex but anyone interested in driving to the area for get togethers.

As many of you know, there is an existing Bubbasville group that meets periodically but I believe the two groups can live happily together.

It has been suggested that until we decide that we want a structured meeting place, we could meet at our shops, even rotating if need be.

The field is wide open so suggestions and ideas are welcome.

So........ is there enough interest to move forward in forming a chapter?

Let's hear from everyone.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I'm on board. Whatever I can do to help just ask. Thanks for getting this started.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Well it looks like a lot of folks are having a good time all over the country getting together meeting fellow pen turners... including those fellow Texans farther south from us!

I propose we get a chapter going for the North Texas area pen makers which would include not only the greater DFW Metroplex but anyone interested in driving to the area for get togethers.

Texatdurango

I would like to attend as long as we don't conflict with the Bubbasville meetings.

Thanks
Mike
Mike, Not a problem. Jeff usually has Bubbasville meetings the third saturday of the month and as far as I'm concerned we could set up the IAP meetings like the first saturday of the month. That way for those of us who will be participating in both will have no conflicts.

Texatdurango

Well this is a little surprising, only five people have expressed any interest in forming a local group. I would have thought there would have been more members sign up since I see folks from this area posting all the time on the forum. I guess a lot of members just prefer the anonymity of cyberspace. :confused:

byounghusband

Geoge et al,

Sorry, didn't see this til now..... Only 5? MAKE IT 6!! And I will discuss it with the students in my pen turning class I am conducting for our local turning club, Dall Area Woodturers, wwwdallaswoodtuers.com . I have 4 students as well as a guy at work who wants info....

I couldn't teach this class without ALL the great info I have received from IAP and it's Members!! Our club doesn't really push penturning too much, but I am trying to change that tide! Out first class was this past Saturday at 1:00 pm and the 2nd session will be this coming Saturday, same time same channel. Anyone wants to make a cameo appearance? You will be more than welcome. Go to the website mentioned above and check for the map to out training center, or call me at 214-697-030. A SMALL place, but doable..... I have a key, so we might be able to accomodate a meeting. Only 6 JET 1014s and an Ornamental lathe, but not much more room.....

I look forward to getting this chapter going. C'mon guys and gals, Texas does EVERYTHING bigger!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Texatdurango

Well, the way I count, we have nine members who said they are interested in forming a local chapter so I will PM Lou and request an OFFICIAL slot on the forum so we can discuss our business.

Just for grins I highlited a map showing where everyone is. Looks like we do a fair job of peppering the area!

Attachments

• iap members.jpg
    iap members.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 227
Top Bottom