North Georgia Symposium

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Is anyone going to the Gainesville symposium April 27th-29th?

I am doing two 2 hour sessions on the rotations there both on Saturday!

If anyone is coming, please stop by and say hello...My first time as a symposium speaker....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Steve Busey

Really want to go, but can't handle the fee out of my shop budget right now - still digesting the new lathe... :frown: Seeya next year fer sure.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Had a great time up there this weekend. Saw lots of penturners up there!

Russell was in the petting zoo when I saw him (he was patting a 2 horse motor on a Robust lathe...LOL), what a beautiful machine.

Jim Underwood was around, and several others!

underdog

Yep. Sure enjoyed that symposium. Robert sure puts on a good demo.

...and he's a heck of a nice guy. I showed him one of my carvings that I carved on the spur of the moment with just a utility knife, and a scrap piece of wood. The next day he brought me a starter carving kit - two real honest to goodness carving knives (yowsa!), a carving glove, thumb guard, several basswood carving blanks, and several patterns.

He musta thought I needed some real carving knives.:)

Thanks Robert! That was very generous of you, and made my whole weekend!

By the way, if anyone "can't afford" these symposiums, they don't charge full admission if you just go on Saturday/ Sunday. That's the only way I could afford it... I have to say, I made up for it in pen-turning related purchases. Now it'll take that much longer to save up for my shop addition!:cool:

Last edited:

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Jim

It was good to see you up there! I had a professional heckling session up front, so it was good to see a friendly face in the crowd!

If you can do great work like the face you showed me with crappy wood and tools, I am hoping with the new equipment you can do some really awesome things! The face is awesome!

Russell Eaton

OK Robert... you need to learn your lathes. It was a 3 hp. not 2 and I refrained from buying it...this time. I am proud of my self control. That and they did NOT have any ready filled out divorce papers. Maybe next year.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
If you didnt buy it, I cannot see how they are going to sell it to someone else, with all the "rubbing" you were doing on it....LOL.....

Top Bottom