nib tuning - El grande FP kits (2 - tone nibs)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bman40

I purchased 2 kits from lee valley here in Canada, and have turned a couple of fountian pens. The nibs are really difficult to get flowing - and I have almost given up on them.

Earlier this fall, I bought a few Churchill kits, with one-colour gold nibs, and these write like a dream.

other than dropping $50 a nib from turchetta or dcbluesman, does anyone have any suggestions?

So far I have soaked them in ammonia and water, flossed the nibs with .001 brass, re-set the nib / feed, tried different inks, all to no avail.

if I can't make these work - I may have to try and find repalcement nibs in medium that are NOT the berea 2-tone nibs that lee valley sells.

thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

You probably already thought of this but did you contact the seller for possible replacements?

I had the same problem with a nib I purchased a few months back and the vendor gladly replaced it.

Ligget

I agree with George, the sock nib should work, if it doesn`t then the place you bought it should sort out a replacement.

If you buy a fountain pen kit you shouldn`t have to immediately upgrade the nib just to get it to write!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by ligget

I agree with George, the sock nib should work, if it doesn`t then the place you bought it should sort out a replacement.

If you buy a fountain pen kit you shouldn`t have to immediately upgrade the nib just to get it to write!

I would think a sock nib would write a rather bold line. :D;)

Top Bottom