NEWER MEMBERS PLEASE READ ABOUT THE PITH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I have continued to receive PMs concerning what the PITH is. Understandably, newer turners and members might not know. Lets start here: PITH=Pen in the hat. In a perfect world we would all get together and place a pen in the hat. Each member would reach in and select a pen at random to become there own. Now while not geographically feasible to all meet, next best thing is what we do here. Everyone who signs up will be assigned to send someone else a pen, in return, they will receive a pen from someone. That is it in a "nutshell". Hope that clears things up. Go to HERE for the rest of the details and sign up. There are no talent or experience requirements. It is only about doing the best job you can and sharing your work with fellow turners. Should be fun for all so, TY to those who signed up. To those who have not, there is still plenty of time to do so. If you still have questions, feel free to contact me.

Landon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Can I just receive a pen?? Or do I have to make one also:eek:
:mad:[FONT=&quot]
If you don't think you will be able to complete the pen, do not waste our time and energy by signing up. We are mostly adults here please act accordingly.
:wink:
[/FONT]

PenPal

Landon,

For the benefit of us all not only new members you have now revealed we will not be doing a direct swap but some scrambled mix so some of the cards in the pack have now surfaced that were not displayed until now, if it is convenient why not open up and reveal all the facts in the interest of fairness in commitment for everyone.

In bold red letters you said we are mostly adults here and in keeping with this complete the mission statement.

My aim is to produce a unique product related to the receiver to my best ability and this will enable me to plan effectively. For example my swap could be an Aussie then some material may be old hat to them and I would go exotic.

Kind regards Peter.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Peter,

In the true sense of the PITH, if we were to all offer up a pen, and place it in the hat. I suspect few, if any, would be "direct exchanges" between to people. This is a peek into why I prefer, as you put it, "some scrambled mix". While I can see your point about making it custom to fit the person you send to, I think with the timeline that was offered up by James there should be no problem if that is what you would like to do. Now I am not going to be the one who says "my way or the highway". If you want to set up a public poll and get the folks who have signed up to vote, I will gladly pair the way the majority wish.

toddlajoie

Also, since signup is open till the end of September, he can't give out pairings until the signup time is up. As he said, you can always wait till a bit after that when they post the matrix, and it should still give you nearly 2 months to complete the pen and deliver.

PenPal

Landon et al,

My thoughts have been expressed I just prefer a plain English statement and desire to fit in, no need for polls. Have fun I will.

Kind regards Peter.

fireangels

ok last time to post count down you have 1 day left to sign up for the PITH
Tomorrow 9-30-11@ 12am EST signups will be closed

Top Bottom