Newbie Intro.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ret767capt

Hi, my name is Tom. I'm 85 yrs young and have been turning for about 20 years. As probably like most of you, I started out making pens and pencils for friends and relatives. I slowly graduated to more esoteric projects like hollow forms and platters. Having spent 40 years in aviation, retiring as a B767 Capt. from a legacy airline, I now find myself returning to the scene of the crime. I discovered that I had accumulated a number of pen kits and am now trying to slowly work my way through the lot. I have one kit, for which I have no information and would appreciate whatever assistance can be shared. The kit, I think, is from Woodcraft but they have nothing to share. It is a LED Stylus Pen, product # STY1403/LB-HP-1. If anyone out there in IAP land can shed any light, it will be greatly appreciated. My sincere thanks!
963F3504-08C7-4125-A198-61058C46DBF1.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Hello Tom, welcome to the IAP site. I'm sorry, but I've never had anything to do with this particular kit.Hopefully, another member will chime in with what you need for info. Take care, I look forward to seeing the pen you get from this kit.

Len

howsitwork

Welcome sir ! i can't shed any light in the kit but perhaps if we were able to see the parts we may 3 of some use to you?

greeting from UK

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska:

I am 99% confident that the model STY1403 is indeed a WoodRiver - Dugas Tri Function Pen Kit. I have attached the instruction sheet that I have for this pen. There is a good pictorial of the parts in it. You should be able to open the bag and lay out the parts to verify it by comparison.

Regards,
Dave

Attachments

• 77D87 Dugas Tri-Function Pen Kit.pub.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 158

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Tom.

That particular kit (STY1493/LB) is a Berea Hardwoods Kit. I'm pretty sure that it's the same as the Woodcraft that egnald linked.

Here's the Berra instructions for it

Both sets of instructions can be found in the IAP Bushings & Tubes App for iPhone and Android. If you have one of those smartphones, you might check it out.

Attachments

• LED Stylus Pen.pdf
    111.5 KB · Views: 180

ret767capt

Edgar, I am most grateful for your response. Both of my older children were born in Texas so I guess that makes them Texans too. Where is Alvin? Our kids were born in Lubbock of cap-rock and cotton fame, at least it was back in the late 50's. Thanks again and I hope I can return the favor someday. Tom

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Edgar, I am most grateful for your response. Both of my older children were born in Texas so I guess that makes them Texans too. Where is Alvin? Our kids were born in Lubbock of cap-rock and cotton fame, at least it was back in the late 50's. Thanks again and I hope I can return the favor someday. Tom

Alvin is about 20 miles south of Houston. I'm a native Texan from DeWitt County and I've been in the Houston area since 1966 when I came here to attend the University of Houston.

Happy to help & your older children are definitely Texans. šŸ˜Š

Top Bottom