Newbie from west Michigan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

teagoggles

Hi random wood spinning internet people. I bought a used Jet mini to make replacement knobs for antique hand planes, but the person I bought it from gave me their pen making supplies and 40 pens later I haven't made a single knob :3

I like trying all sorts of methods and techniques, and I've already taken a crack at resing casting, hybrid casting, stabilizing, segmenting, and even a little 3d printing. I hope to find some inspiration from the works of others on here, and maybe pick up a trick or two.

Attached is a picture of my favorite work so far.

Attachments

• favorite-pen.jpg
    favorite-pen.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 133
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

teagoggles

Thanks everyone.

Welcome aboard, that's a very nice looking pen. What is the blank made out of, and did you make it??

Len

Thanks. It was green dyed maple, purpleheart, and aluminum that I had to glue, re-glue, and re-glue again. It was definitely a learning experience: I learned that I need to make a jig before I do it again!

Looks like an Aero Kit - one my faves. Welcome from Idaho!

It's the close cousin "Elegant Sierra" It has different finishes and the embossing on the neck has a different pattern, but the overall shape is the same. Definitely one of my favorites for looks too.

I think you're hooked. Welcome aboard.

Just a little bit!

Top Bottom