Newbie at 83 yrs old

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dustpan

Hi Folks,
was just confirmed as a new member a day or two ago. Thought I would introduce myself.
Turned at least 100 slimlines and wanted to 'move up a notch' I live in Ft. Worth Tx. on the east side.I see some killer pen blanks on here and would like to purchase some. Soon as I figure it all out, will try to order some. Anyone want to visit my shop[and with me] just email me and 'come on down'.
All for now, Max.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Max! Glad to see you are getting involved while you are still young! :biggrin: My hat is off to you for continuing to enjoy life and trying new things. More folks should do that. Great to have you on the IAP.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
So our Junior member just might also be our Senior member???

Nice to have you here Max. Welcome from the Buckeye State.

Lenny

Welcome from Maine, Max!

It's great that your turning pens and even better that you have joined this site! There are some great articles in the Library and using the search feature will help you find older threads of a wide range of topics. And then of course there is always the option of just asking questions.:) You will find people here very friendly and eager to help!

It doesn't surprise me that your turning pens .... But it surprises the Heck out of me that you use the Internet!! I salute you! :) I know so many people that will just say "I'm too old to learn that stuff" .... and I feel sorry for them for the great opportunities they miss out on.

tim self

Welcome from Oklahoma. If you have the time you should show up at Woodworld in Dallas on the 31st. It's the Freedom Pen Turnathon. Last year there were over 200 turners show up and a great group of folks there.

chiefgreen

Hi Max, Just joined IAP myself. I too live in Fort Worth, east side north of I30. We must be pretty close. Maybe we will run into each other one of these days.

KMUSCHIANO

Welcome from another new member. Just got confirmed this morning, but have been turning pens since 1986. I am really trying to get started making the MAJESTIC OR SIERRA pen with the pheasent feathers on the blank. I never done this before and would like to know how. KEN

Top Bottom